Sunday, June 24, 2012

Victorian Dress pt. 4 - bustle

I had some more of the old linen left over from the chemise and drawers, and I decided to use that for the bustle TV 101.

Crazy as I am, I embellished 15m of ruffles with 3 rows of pintucks (sewn with a twin needle), and an embroidery stitch my sewing machine offered ... tiny little bows, which I then cut out. Yes. 15 m is long. Very long.

Sunday, June 17, 2012


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Victorian dress pt. 3 - corset

For the corset, I used the Dore pattern from LM 100.

I did some flossing on the bottom edge in a pale pink:

On the top and bottom edge, I added pale pink lace:


A hook&eye closure on the top center front to prevent gaping:

I'm very happy with the fit:

And finally, a picture of the whole ensamble - drawers, chemise and corset (well, you can't see the drawers. But I swear I'm wearing them):


Cavtat & the Sea